Candidates’ portfolios, at the higher level, clearly demonstrate and explain the dynamic stages of their creative process, including preparatory inquiry, practical action and meaningful reflection.
Examiner’s Report May 2017
The inspiration for the collaborative creation of the piece of theatre. A focus to the initial stages of practical exploration. The starting point must be one of the following.
- Idea, issue, question or theme
- Image or photograph
- Non-dramatic text
- Piece of music
- Street art, graphic novel or comic strip
…candidates who used the recommended subheadings presented in the theatre guide and paid attention to the 7-8 marker band descriptors and command term(s) were more organized and more successful than candidates who did not
The attribution of sources, including visuals, diagrams, plans, sketches etc. within the body of the work is still a challenge and many Collaborative Project Portfolios provided only a bibliography or list of sources, without citing sources within the body of the portfolio. This is a serious issue as not sourcing appropriately is considered academic malpractice.
Korean PA directory – companies/practitioners etc
- Bennathan, J. 2013. Making Theatre: The Frazzled Drama Teacher’s Guide to Devising. London, UK. Nick Hern Books.
- Bicât, T and Baldwin, C (eds). 2002. Devised and Collaborative Theatre: A Practical Guide. Wiltshire, UK. The Crowood Press.
- Callery, D. 2001. Through the Body: A Practical Guide to Physical Theatre. London, UK. Nick Hern Books.
- Etchells, T. 1999. Certain Fragments: Contemporary Performance and Forced Entertainment. Oxon, UK. Routledge.
- Graham, S and Hogget, S. 2009. The Frantic Assembly Book of Devising Theatre. Oxon, UK. Routledge.
- Govan, E, Nicholson, H and Normington, K. 2007. Making a Performance: Devising Histories and Contemporary Practices. Oxon, UK. Routledge.
- Harradine, D. 2009. Invisible Things: Documentation from a Devising Process. London, UK. Fevered Sleep.
- Heddon, D and Milling, J. 2006. Devising Performance: A Critical History. Hampshire, UK and New York, USA. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Lamden, G. 2000. Devising: A Handbook for Drama and Theatre Studies. London, UK. Hodder and Stoughton.
- Mermikides, A and Smart, J (eds). 2010. Devising in Process. Hampshire, UK. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Oddey, A. 1994. Devising Theatre. Oxon, UK. Routledge.
- Pearson, M. 2010. Site-Specific Performance. Hampshire, UK. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Quick, A (ed). 2007. The Wooster Group Work Book. Oxon, UK. Routledge.
- Swale, J. 2012. Drama Games for Devising. London, UK. Nick Hern Books.